The growth in our Scholarship Scheme demonstrates a clear commitment from industry to develop the next generation of Electronics Engineers.
Stew Edmondson, UKESF
Our Scholarship Scheme is now in full swing for academic year 2022/23 and over two hundred students from our 27 partner universities have submitted applications. To date, there are more than fifty leading employers who have committed to provide scholarships to students, which includes 10 new companies this year as the Scheme continues to grow.
Our CEO, Stew Edmondson said “The growth in our Scholarship Scheme demonstrates a clear commitment from industry to develop the next generation of Electronics Engineers. By supporting undergraduates to gain experience and build their professional skills throughout their studies, companies are taking positive action to address the graduate skills shortage and build long term relationships with high-achieving young engineers”.
Designed in collaboration with Industry, our award-winning Scholarship Scheme has been operating for over 10 years. Employers interested in joining the scheme can find out more here or contact [email protected].
So far this year, the UKESF is delighted to welcome the following employers to the Scholarship Scheme:
- AccelerComm is a semiconductor research and IP development company providing software and hardware that enables ultra-high performance and error resilient signal processing to accelerate future generations of wireless communications.
- AMD is a global company offering the industry’s broadest portfolio of leadership high-performance and adaptive processor technologies.
- GF Micro provide analogue/digital/mixed signal silicon design services, as well as silicon supply turnkey solutions.
- Hanwha Phasor is the original innovator in ultra-low profile, very high-performance antennas for mobile satellite communications.
- Ignys is a design consultancy made up of a team of electronics engineers, embedded firmware engineers and software engineers who work on projects which make a positive contribution to the world.
- Konrad Technologies provide innovative automated test and automation solutions within automotive, aerospace and defence, telecoms, consumer electronics, medical, semiconductors, general electronic manufacturing and industrial automation industries.
- Laird Connectivity simplify wireless connectivity with leading modules, internal antennas, and IoT devices.
- Mac (Multiple Access Communications) is focused on the radio interface between wireless devices, including developing improved modulation and radio access schemes, improving the ability of devices to cope with increasing interference, developing radio spectrum sharing approaches and providing products to test and validate radio communication systems.
- pSemi design and manufacture innovative semiconductor solutions, exploring new ways to make electronics smaller, thinner, faster and more efficient.
- Specialised Imaging is focused on niche imaging markets and applications, with particular emphasis on high-speed image capture and analysis.