How to Apply
Applying for our Scholarship Scheme is straightforward, just follow these 3 easy steps.
STEP 1: Please read the Scholarship Scheme eligibility requirements carefully before you begin your application
STEP 2: Browse all the fantastic companies offering Scholarships to find the best opportunity for you
STEP 3: You’re ready to APPLY!
Please note, applications for 2022/23 are now closed.
To be notified when applications open for 2023/24, please email [email protected]
We expect you to:
- Be registered at a UKESF partner university on an accredited (or on track to be accredited) undergraduate degree which contains a substantial amount of Electronics
- Qualify as a UK student for your tuition fees, or be a British National or EU student who was resident in the UK prior to December 2020 and have a permanent right to work in the UK after graduation
- Have not previously withdrawn from a UKESF scholarship (you can re-apply if your UKESF scholarship was terminated due to reasons outside your control)
- Not hold any other sponsorship/scholarship funded by a single commercial organisation, such as the IET Power Academy and E3 Academy (university scholarships/bursaries and the IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship are accepted if they do not involve paid work) – email [email protected] if in doubt.
You can be in any year of your degree course, except the final year:
- Students beyond the first year must have achieved an overall average of at least 60% from their most recent end of year assessment.
- First-year students are expected to have outstanding results from school or college:
- A-levels: AAA, including Maths
- SQA Advanced Highers: AA/AAB, including A in Maths
- SQA Highers: AAAA, including Maths
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering: A overall, including A in units 8, 9 and ASL Mathematics for Engineering Level 3 Certificate (or A in Maths A-level)
- BTEC: DDD, including relevant Maths units
Email [email protected] if you hold other equivalent qualifications.
UKESF Partner Universities include: Aston University, University of Bath, University of Bristol, University of Birmingham, Cardiff University, University of Cambridge, The University of Edinburgh, Heriot Watt University, Imperial College London, Kings College London, Lancaster University, University of Leeds, University of Liverpool, Loughborough University, The University of Manchester, Newcastle University, University of Nottingham, Queen’s University Belfast, Royal Holloway University of London, The University of Sheffield, University of Southampton, University of Surrey, University of Strathclyde, Swansea University, The University of Warwick, University of York.
Important information relating to the 2022/23 application year: We ask you to apply to only one employer in the first instance. This application needs to be submitted by the deadline. Once we have processed your initial application, we will invite you to submit applications to two further employers shortly afterwards. You will be able to use the information you provided in your initial application to make these further applications, and there will be opportunity for you to tailor these to your chosen employers.