The Renesas Award is an opportunity to gain valuable work experience, alongside receiving a bursary and membership of the Women’s Engineering Society (WES). The award is for students in their final year of school (Year 13 in England and Wales or S6 in Scotland) who are beginning an undergraduate degree in Electronics, at one of of our partner universities, from September.
The award is a collaboration between the UKESF and Renesas Electronics Europe, who provide high performance power-saving solutions and work with some of the best household and industry names in the world. Their chips are found in an impressive range of everyday products and they operate from 33 locations in 16 countries. The award was previously a partnership with the UKESF and Dialog, who were acquired by Renesas in 2021.
Find out more about the culture at Renesas.
Renesas have locations across the UK, and have roles available at the following:
Swindon – vacancies in the following teams: Process Tech, MSC intern, Packaging Technology, Analog, Digital Design, Verification, Software and/or Hardware
Bourne End – vacancies in the following teams: Software development, Cyber Security
Edinburgh – vacancies in the following teams: Analog Design, Digital Design, Applications, Verification
Harlow – vacancies in the following teams: Analog/Mixed Signal System Engineering, Mobile Design
Each year, at least two students who have secured places on a degree course at one of our 28 partner universities are recognised by the Award. The prize includes:
- A one-off bursary of £1,500
- A paid summer work placement (min. 6 weeks) with Renesas at end of first year of study. Placement locations: Swindon – Bourne End – Edinburgh – Harlow
- Paid-for student membership of Women’s Engineering Society (WES) for duration of degree
- Be a female student due to start an Electronics, Computer Science, or related engineering course in September
- Have a firm offer to study at one of UKESF’s partner universities. Partner universities can be found here
Not eligible? Please take a look at our Scholarship Scheme
How to Apply
Important dates for the Award are:
- Students apply – June
- Successful candidates are shortlisted, interviewed, and sent a provisional offer – July/August
- Students confirm degree offer acceptance at UKESF partner university – August
- Bursaries paid – January
- Work placements arranged for the following summer (at the end of first year at university)
Applications are now open! The deadline for applications is 10pm Friday 30 June.