The UKESF offers scholarships to Electronics undergraduates at our partner universities – check the scrolling banner on the Universities main page for your university.
What you get
- An annual bursary (£1,000 per annum)
- Paid summer work placements
- A paid-for place at a residential UKESF Scholar Workshop
- Connected to a leading employer in the Electronics sector
- Mentorship from your sponsoring company
- Chance to network and build professional relationships
- A pre-loaded Blackwell’s gift card in the first year of the scholarship (£200)
- Support from a UKESF buddy (a current Scholar further along in their degree course)
- Each year we also support final year female scholars to attend the WES Student Conference
Scholarship duration varies between the sponsoring companies, but generally lasts from the year you apply until graduation, including at least one summer work placement (8 weeks minimum). Some companies also offer additional work placements of 6 or 12 months, or final year industry-based MEng project placements.
- Work for your sponsoring company during the summers you agree to when accepting the offer – check our tips for a successful summer placement here
- Meet with your company mentor at least twice a year
- Attend one of our Scholar Workshops
- Help to promote Electronics in schools through at least one activity each year – we’ll support you in this
- Help at your university in supporting UKESF scholarships to other students
- Submit annual reports to us and your sponsoring company during the scholarship
The UKESF Scholar Workshops are 4-day residential courses for scholars, packed with professional and personal development sessions and networking with speakers from the Electronics sector. Our workshops help to equip you with skills not covered by university, and also count as 20 hours towards the IET CPD monitoring scheme. Read about the most recent Scholar Workshop here.
In 2017 the UKESF held a Celebration Event to mark five years since the graduation of the first cohort of scholars. A booklet was also launched at the event, looking back on the Scholarship Scheme to see how it has evolved and celebrate the achievements of the scholars thus far – download it here.
Application Process and Advice
Find out how to apply for a scholarship and read some handy hints and tips.
UKESF Scholar Profiles
Find out how our scholars have benefited from the UKESF Scholarship Scheme
Scholar of the Year Award
Find out about the Scholar of the Year Award and gain insight into previous winners.