In the UK, the Electronics sector is big, valuable and growing; however, the demand for capable, employable graduates is currently outstripping supply. We are an educational charity, launched in 2010, with both public and private seed-corn funding. We operate collaboratively with major companies, leading universities and other organisations to tackle the skills shortage in the Electronics sector.
The UKESF ensures that more schoolchildren are aware of Electronics and the opportunities available, helping them to develop their interest through to university study. At university, we support undergraduates and prepare them for the workplace.
Find out more about the Electronics industry in the UK with the UKESF Infographic.
In 2017 the UKESF held a Celebration Event to mark five years since the graduation of the first cohort of scholars. A booklet was also launched at the event, looking back on the Scholarship Scheme to see how it has evolved and celebrate the achievements of the scholars thus far – download it here.
Registered charity number: SC043940
The core values of the UKESF are shaped by our collective beliefs; they guide how we behave and conduct our work. We will:
- Strive for Excellence. We take pride in what we do; we deliver on our commitments and always try to our best.
- Be Collaborative. We share ideas and work enthusiastically with our sponsors, partners and all stakeholders to achieve our aims.
- Act with Integrity. We are open and honest, and do what we believe is best to encourage greater interest in Electronics.
- Be Passionate. We want to inspire more children about Electronics and to support their interest through to university and into careers.
- Value Creativity. We are forward-thinking and explore new ideas and approaches, looking for innovative ways to tackle the skills challenge.
The UKESF teamStew Edmondson, CEO/Executive Director
Pippa Boon, Operations Manager
Nicole Jones, Marketing & Communications
Jess Steele, Administration
Natalie Jones, Administration
Sophie Jones, Administration
Kasper Buckbee, Schools Outreach & Education
- Princess Royal Training Award 2022
- Third place for Best Internship or Placement Programme Award, National Graduate Recruitment Awards, 2022
- Education and Training Award, e-Legacy Awards, 2011