At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly Apple
St Albans or Swindon
Type of Placements Offered
(1) Students must be in the penultimate year of their degree; (2) Students on Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Computer Science courses preferred; (3) Candidates must specify which job/s they are interested in
Multiple new scholarships. Please ensure you specify which role/s you are applying for in your application.
- Formal Verification Intern
- PMU Software Engineering Intern (position filled)
- PMU Design Verification Intern (position filled)
- GPU Functional Modelling Intern (position filled)
- GPU Design Verification Intern (position filled)
- GPU RTL Design Intern (position filled)
- GPU Platform Architecture Intern (position filled)
Who we are and what we do
Apple is where individual imaginations gather together, committing to the values that lead to great work. Here, you’ll do more than join something — you’ll add something. Every new product, service, or feature we create is the result of people making each other’s ideas stronger.
What you could be doing during your work placement
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
There are multiple positions which you can apply for.
- PMU Software Engineering Intern (Swindon) – As an intern of the PMU Software Team, you will assist with delivering high quality software environments that facilitate the development and validation of power management devices in order to meet performance, feature, timing and power goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with expert Software, Hardware and Silicon Validation Engineers, as well as work alongside other development teams that are responsible for the IP within our PMU products.
- PMU Design Verification Intern (Swindon) – As part of the Design Verification Team, you will assist with delivering high quality chips in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area, power and efficiency goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Verification Engineers, as well as work alongside our Design, SoC Platform Architecture, and Physical Design teams. You will get the opportunity to be part of a team delivering PMU silicon directly into next generation Apple products and work with the state-of-the-art verification techniques.
- GPU Functional Modelling Intern (St Albans) – As an intern in this team, you will have an impact in modelling and verifying Apple’s GPU micro-architecture. Building experience interpreting hardware functional specifications together with architects, micro-architects, and designers, you will have the opportunity to learn and be able to build bit-accurate C/C++ models of the GPU and contribute directly to the improvement of the functional modelling infrastructure. You will be the first to run the entire software stack on your models and see exciting new, differentiating, GPU feature sets that will provide surprise and delight to millions of Apple customers later. You will work closely with our verification and software teams to identify bugs in the model and hardware, collaborate to verify architectural solutions, and regularly communicate results and recommendations to the wider team.
- GPU Design Verification Intern (St Albans) – As part of the Design Verification Team, you will support creating verification plans covering stimulus creation, checking strategy and completeness metrics. Moreover, you will collaborate with the architecture and design teams to ensure that potential issues are taken care of as early as possible in the design cycle. With mentorship, you will implement various components of the verification environment and participate in debugging testbench code as well as deep design debug. You will also work closely with the design team to ensure all cases (including corner cases) are tested and that the design behaves as intended. This is a chance to develop expertise in ASIC and SoC design and verification.
- GPU RTL Design Intern (St Albans) – As an intern on the RTL Design Team, you will assist with delivering high quality graphics IP in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Engineers, as well as work alongside our GPU platform architecture, functional verification and physical design teams that are responsible for our GPU products. With mentorship, you will work within the RTL Design Team to refine micro-architectural specifications and collaborate with the architecture, physical design and verification teams to mitigate potential issues as early as possible. This could include tasks such as implementing components of the micro-architecture, targeting leading-edge technology nodes, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding elegance. You may also review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues, ensuring maximal QoR throughout your design.
- GPU Platform Architecture Intern (St Albans)– As an intern in the GPU Platform Architecture group, you will join a team that is defining and optimising Apple’s GPU architecture. With others, you will seek out areas for improvement while collecting data and measurements that either confirm the idea or rule it out. You will collaborate with experienced architects and micro-architecture to assess the feasibility of ideas, refine ideas, and seed new ones.