Getting relevant work experience is a vital part of any engineering degree. The UKESF Internship Programme is especially for first-year undergraduates and foundation-year students at our partner universities, offering the opportunity for a paid work placement in the real-world Electronics sector, in addition to networking and building professional relationships.
What You Get
- A one-off paid summer placement of least 6 weeks that follows your first academic year
- Minimum of £330 per week
- Work experience at an Electronics company, with no long-term commitment
Internship Programme Eligibility
- Be in your first year or foundation year at university (second year also applicable in Scotland)
- Be registered at a UKESF partner university (check the scrolling banner on the Universities main page for your university) on a course containing a substantial amount of Electronics or Electronic Engineering
- Have the permanent right to work in the UK after graduation
- Not hold any sponsorship/scholarship funded by a single commercial organisation, such as the IET Power Academy or E3 Academy, etc. (university scholarships/bursaries and the IET Diamond Jubilee Scholarship are accepted if they do not involve paid work)
Applications for 2020/21 are now closed.
Email [email protected] to ask to be notified when applications for 2021/22 have been opened (expected Spring 2022).