FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ELECTRONICS
Our #TurnOnToElectronics campaign website is bursting with information about Electronics, profiles of relatable engineers and suggestions on how to pursue the subject as a career – visit it here to find out more, and watch the campaign video below:
We also asked our UKESF Scholars to help demystify Electronics for younger students by explaining what it means to them, why they enjoy it and what they wish they’d known about the subject. Scroll down or follow the links on the right to find out what they had to say.
UKESF scholars are in a unique position to advise the next generation of Electronics undergraduates
WHERE TO NEXT?
- The official Raspberry Pi monthly magazine, MagPi, can be downloaded from their website and features home-made projects, tips and tutorials for Raspberry Pi enthusiasts of all ages (free to download as a PDF).
- Tomorrow’s Engineers provides information and resources about the careers available in engineering as a whole, and also runs a schools programme.
- UCAS processes applications for higher education, such as going to university. It also includes information and services for prospective students.
- Prospects offers advice about work experience, internship opportunities and graduate careers, as well as listings for graduate jobs and postgraduate study.
Online learning resources
- Free course, ‘An Introduction to Electronics’, from the Open University, suitable for young adults: HERE
WHY DO YOU ENJOY ELECTRONICS?
Read the variety of reasons why UKESF scholars enjoy Electronics.
COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT ELECTRONICS
UKESF scholars debunk the persistent myths surrounding Electronics.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE STUDYING ELECTRONICS
Learn from the real experiences of UKESF scholars.