Internship Programme – NEW FOR 2018/19
In the current climate, making connections with the next generation of Electronics graduates is a real challenge for employers. The UKESF has been helping companies for eight years, via our prestigious Scholarship Scheme, to connect with the most capable students from the UK’s leading universities. Now, new for 2018/19, we are launching an additional programme, especially for employers who would like to connect with students but are unable to offer a full multi-year scholarship. Through the Internship Programme employers will be able to connect with first-year undergraduates and foundation-year students at our 20 partner universities in a low-cost, low-risk, way.
- The Internship Programme consists of a one-off work placement undertaken by the student during the summer following their first year (and second year in Scotland) or foundation year.
- There is no long-term commitment beyond the summer work placement, making this is a low-risk way of connecting with dedicated students at the start of their studies.
- All students will be studying Electronics at one of the UKESF’s 20 partner universities; the UKESF will market and promote opportunities on behalf of employers at these universities.
- The UKESF will manage the whole application process, so companies who participate in the Internship Programme will be able to recruit, hassle-free, from a pool of top quality students.
How much does it cost?
- A minimum of £300 per week to the intern for the duration of the placement (at least 6 weeks).
- No upfront charge for 2018/19.
- Reimbursement of interview expenses for internship candidates.
- A one-off management fee to the UKESF of £295 for each student offered an internship.
How does my company join the Programme?
To learn more about the Internship Programme and get your company involved, email email@example.com