About the UKESF
UKESF is a collaboration between industry, universities and the public sector, which is:
- Connecting employers with students in schools and universities;
- Promoting the electronics industry and its value to society and the economy;
- Raising awareness of the range of stimulating careers in electronics.
Why was UKESF set up?
To address the threat of diminishing skills capability in the UK electronics sector
UKESF is addressing the risk posed by the significant decline in the numbers of UK students accepting places on Electronic Engineering degree courses.
To secure a sustainable supply of quality and industry-prepared graduates
UKESF is helping to attract, prepare and retain talent for the UK electronics industry to maintain and grow its global leadership position.
How does UKESF work?
UKESF offers a sector-specific programme for employers in the electronics sector to engage with young people at school and university through to graduate employment, by sponsoring and participating in a programme that is:
- Increasing the number of employers in the sector that are Working with Schools;
- Offering talented 17 year-old school students the opportunity to attend UKESF Summer Schools to find out about degree study and careers in Electronic Engineering;
- Linking employers with high-calibre students for Scholarships offering bursaries and practical experience of the industry through mentoring and work placements.